About Me

Miami, Florida, United States
I enjoy the world of beauty and discoverying different ways of accentuating the female beauty through makeup, fashion, and fitness. To view the tutorials to achieve the different looks seen in the photos below checkout my page at: www.youtube.com/user/LeniGirly

Translate Lenigirly's Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Amla Oil & Hair Growth

amla

I finally received the product that I had mentioned that I was expecting from Amazon.  For the longest time now I’ve been wanting to try Amla on my hair.  However, I didn’t want to use the Dabur Amla oil, which is easily found online and at any Indian stores.  I didn’t want to use the Dabur Amla oil because this particular brand contains mineral  oil.  However, the one that I ordered which is the one on the picture above doesn’t NOT contain mineral oil.  The ingredients in this Amla oil are the following:

Natural Sesame oil, Seed oil, Ayurvedic Emblica offinalis, Piper Iongum, Tinospora cordifolia.

Ayurvedic Emblica offinalis = Amla

I looked up all of the ingredients listed on this product and I  was amazed to find out that every single ingredient is known for promoting hair growth.  The only ingredient that I couldn’t find out anything about was the “Seed oil". I’m not sure exactly what seed oil this is. 

I bought this product mainly because it is known for promoting faster growing hair.  It is also known for darkening your natural hair color.  Therefore, if you have light hair and you do not want it to turn darker then I do not recommend that you use Amla oil or Amla powder. 

Last night I oiled my hair with this product and left it on my hair for about two hours.  Then, I washed my hair with the Chi Silk Infusion Shampoo twice.  I did not use a conditioner.  Once my hair was dry, I noticed that it was extremely shiny, soft, and it looked and felt thicker and healthier.  What I loved the most about the result was the shine it gave my hair.  My hair looked as if I had blow dried it although I didn’t. 

Amla is known for defining your waves or curls if you have wavy or curly hair.  It is also known for giving your hair more volume.  My hair is naturally straight so I didn’t notice any waves, or curls.  I did notice some thickness which might be some volume not sure. 

* There’s another product that I am testing out on my hair right now as I am typing this post.  I will be letting you guys know about this new product very soon.  It’s a natural herb commonly used by Indian women. 

2 comments:

lacey freeman said...

beautiful girl. beautiful site. very helpful and informative.

Jennifer said...

wow so shiny! how do you think it compares to coconut oil?

-Jenn
www.tobelovely.com